05   Special Pass (SP for OverStay Foreign Worker)
Overstay in Malaysia? It’s an offence! A Special Pass is a temporary pass which is issued by the Immigration Department to allow foreign nationals to extend their stay in Malaysia due to ‘special’ circumstances; for example illness, an accident, conflict in a foreign national’s home country etc. If a Special Pass is required, the foreign national needs to submit an application to the Immigration Department prior to the expiration of their current pass. (These applications must be accompanied by the relevant supporting documentation)